Field Application Engineer
As a Field Application Engineer (FAE), you bridge the gap between the commercial and technical processes and you will be the first technical support point of contact for highly innovative industrial companies in EMEA. These companies are integrating the Xsens MTi® series of MEMS 3D inertial sensor modules, from IMU to GNSS/INS, into their, mostly robotic/autonomous platforms and vehicles. The job requires that you are able to easily switch on several levels, from software to hardware and from user-manual questions to in-depth sensor integration challenges. You will work with our local business development team and operate in a global sales- and support team.
Are you our new Field Application Engineer, eager to operate in innovative markets such as Drones, Autonomous Vehicles, Naval/Maritime robotics, Logistics, Mining and Smart Farming?
Key responsibilities as a Field Application Engineer include:
- Be the first line of technical contact for our succesfull MTi-series of products with key customers, both pre- and post sales: support online and support on-site (travel availability 25%);
- Maintain support cases, FAQs and tutorial videos on BASE (Xsens’ technical support Community);
- Advise customers about the integration of MTi-series into their applications, and answer questions related to: sensor(-fusion), software and hardware;
- Technical RMA handling;
- Participate in exhibitions, webinars or other marketing activities, online and on-site all over the world;
- Represent the “voice of the customer” towards Xsens R&D and Engineering departments: Identify product issues and acquire new product roadmap information in cooperation with Product Management.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Science or Engineering (preferably electrical/mechanical engineering, robotics, mechatronics);
- Some programming knowledge (e.g. C/C++/C#, Matlab, Python);
- Experience in B2B customer support or –sales;
- Preferably knowledge of GNSS/navigation/positioning and robotics;
- Customer-focused attitude, and able to translate the customer needs for R&D and engineering colleagues;
- Hands-on mentality;
- Excellent communication skills oral & written in English, and preferably also Dutch, German, French, Italian or Spanish;
- Ability and motivation to travel internationally;
We offer you a position in an innovative, ambitious and international company. Our team can be characterized as spontaneous and driven, with a passion for technology and a multicultural and multi-disciplinary environment. The informal culture allows for personal input, growth and development.
Xsens in Enschede is close to the University of Twente, part of a high-tech hub in Europe.