Machine Learning Scientist
Working for Xsens means working with colleagues that are inquisitive and entrepreneurial by heart. The team consists of people with multiple international backgrounds, a sportive mindset, and a passion for technology and innovation.
Xsens has offices in Enschede, Los Angeles, Shanghai and Hong Kong.
To expand our activities we are currently seeking a Machine Learning Scientist to be located in Enschede, The Netherlands.
As a Machine Learning Scientist, you will be responsible for strategically driving Xsens research in the field of machine learning and deep learning. Your innovative ideas and solutions will contribute to the Xsens technology roadmap and future products definition. You will be involved in R&D projects with national and international partners, applying your expertise to a diversity of applications including human motion tracking, wearables for sports and health, vehicle navigation, and computer vision.
- Design and development of new concepts and prototypes based on state-of-the-art machine learning and deep learning algorithms, with potential to revolutionize future Xsens products and applications.
- Proactive identification and assessment of new research trends and emerging technologies in fields related to machine learning and deep learning (wearables, computer vision, autonomous navigation, machine intelligence, etc.).
- Interaction with researchers and other relevant stakeholders to understand application requirements and to translate them into complex, state-of-the-art data-driven algorithms.
- Effective communication of findings and results through demos and visualizations.
- Contribution to national/international research projects, Xsens IP portfolio, and scientific papers writing.
- Master Degree in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Applied Mathematics/Statistics, Engineering, or related field required. Ph.D. degree in equivalent fields preferred.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in academia/industry preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of machine learning concepts, best practices, and techniques.
- Proven hands-on experience with state-of-the-art deep learning techniques (deep feed-forward/convolutional neural networks, recurrent neural networks, generative (adversarial) models, reinforcement learning, etc.) and libraries/frameworks (Tensorflow, Theano, Keras, etc.) to solve complex real-world problems.
- Excellent knowledge of at least one scripting language like Python or Matlab required; knowledge of C/C++ preferred.
- Strong publication record in journals/conferences in machine learning related fields preferred.
- Experience with one or more of: computer vision, sensor fusion, machine intelligence (artificial intelligence), autonomous navigation and localization, speech recognition, natural language processing.
- Familiarity with inertial sensors, human motion applications, and implementation of signal processing, sensor fusion, and tracking algorithms is a plus.
- Self-driven, ambitious team-player with capability to deliver high-quality outcome meeting deadlines, solution oriented profile, analytical thinking, flexibility in acquiring new knowledge.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
Xsens offers a position in an innovative, ambitious and international company. Our team can be characterized as spontaneous and driven, with a passion for technology and a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment. The informal culture allows for personal input, growth and development. Xsens in Enschede is close to the University of Twente, part of a high-tech hub in Europe.