Machine Learning Scientist
Do you get thrilled by performing research in the field of machine learning and deep learning? Do you have a background in machine learning concepts, best practices and techniques? Are you interested to work for a growing and innovative high tech company, where people and fun are part of our core values? We'd love to have you!
Your role as a Machine Learning Scientist at Xsens
As a Machine Learning Scientist, you will be responsible for strategically driving Xsens research in the field of machine learning and deep learning. Your innovative ideas and solutions will contribute to the Xsens technology roadmap and future products definition. You will be involved in R&D projects with national and international partners, applying your expertise to a diversity of applications including human motion tracking, wearables for sports and health and computer vision.
You will be part of the Technology team and report to the Technology Director. You will be based in Enschede, the Netherlands.
- Design and development of new concepts and prototypes based on state-of-the-art machine learning and deep learning algorithms, with potential to revolutionize future Xsens products and applications.
- Proactive identification and assessment of new research trends and emerging technologies in fields related to machine learning and deep learning (wearables, computer vision, autonomous navigation, machine intelligence, etc.).
- Interaction with researchers and other relevant stakeholders to understand application requirements and to translate them into complex, state-of-the-art data-driven algorithms.
- Effective communication of findings and results through demos and visualizations.
- Contribution to national/international research projects, Xsens IP portfolio, and scientific papers writing.
Xsens is looking for a self-driven and ambitious Machine Learning Scientist. Someone who thrives in an environment where your analytical and solution oriented approach is highly appreciated. You have:
- Master Degree in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Applied Mathematics/Statistics, Engineering, or related field required. Ph.D. degree in equivalent fields preferred.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in academia/industry preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of machine learning concepts, best practices, and techniques.
- Proven hands-on experience with state-of-the-art deep learning techniques (deep feed-forward/convolutional neural networks, recurrent neural networks, generative (adversarial) models, reinforcement learning, etc.) and libraries/frameworks (Tensorflow, Theano, Keras, etc.) to solve complex real-world problems.
- Excellent knowledge of at least one scripting language like Python or Matlab required; knowledge of C/C++ preferred.
- Strong publication record in journals/conferences in machine learning related fields preferred.
- Experience with one or more of: computer vision, sensor fusion, machine intelligence (artificial intelligence), autonomous navigation and localization, speech recognition, natural language processing.
- Familiarity with inertial sensors, human motion applications, and implementation of signal processing, sensor fusion, and tracking algorithms is a plus.
- Self-driven, ambitious team-player with capability to deliver high-quality outcome meeting deadlines, solution oriented profile, analytical thinking, flexibility in acquiring new knowledge.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
Working at Xsens
Xsens is more than a leading innovator in the field of 3D motion tracking technology. Working for Xsens is working with colleagues that are inquisitively and entrepreneurial by heart. Naturally, there is a high level of cooperation within our team. The team consists of people with multiple international backgrounds, a sportive mindset and driven to get the most out of themselves. They share a passion for movement and technology.
Xsens offers a position in an innovative, ambitious and international company, with an attractive compensation package. The informal culture allows for personal input, growth and development. Full training in our products and services will be provided.