Product Launch Manager
The Product Launch Manager oversees, coordinates and manages the launch of a product from the start of engineering until the product has been successfully up for sale for several months. She/he acts as a coordinator between Product Management, Project Management, Engineering, Marketing, Sales and Launch Customers to ensure timelines and a synchronized and successful market introduction. The Launch Manager reports to the Head of Sales and Marketing.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Create, implement and communicate product launch plans, taking into account all aspects of a product launch, including but not limited to: marketing programs, technical product aspects (product readiness), deployment into IT systems (eg. Salesforce and financial systems), sales preparation and training, customer support readiness.
- Drive the product introduction teams to develop solid and detailed product introduction plans.
- Drive the launch preparation across all milestones, and track & report progress to the stakeholders.
- Capture and synthesize early launch feedback into product management (VoC). Direct teams to achieve overall launch customer satisfaction.
- Anticipate and resolve issues across multiple teams, e.g. capacity and timing constraints, explore contingencies and provide escalation management throughout the launch project.
- Make sure 3rd parties such as Communication & PR agencies and trade show management are properly engaged by working closely with the marketing communication team.
- Perform conflict resolution, priority setting and risk assessment.
- Chair the Market Introduction Meeting and participate in product creation teams.
- Organize cross functional launch evaluations and recommend improvements for future launches.
Competencies & Skills
- Thorough understanding of the (inter)relationships between product creation and launch.
- Strong problem solving, decision making and people skills.
- Leads across multiple disciplinary teams to solve problems.
- Analytical Skills: able to identify and address problems & opportunities.
- Judgment, decision making, consistent logic, rational and objective.
- Ability to multi-task, handle diversity and provide leadership through problem resolution.
- Strong natural customer focus and customer service skills.
- Strong organization, time management, and planning skills. Good communicator.
- Bachelor/Master degree in Business Administration, Science or Engineering is preferred, though strong candidates with other degrees will be considered.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a combination of Sales, Product Management and Marketing, preferably in an international technology industry setting.
- Solid Project Management capabilities.
- Intuitive feeling of product positioning and placement: the right way to go to market, and the outside-in capability to assess whether a product and value proposition are complete.
- Affinity with technology products.
- Ability to travel worldwide up to 20% of time
We offer you a position in an innovative, ambitious and international company. Our team can be characterized as spontaneous and driven, with a passion for technology and a multicultural and multi-disciplinary environment. The informal culture allows for personal input, growth and development.