Senior Research Engineer - Algorithm Development
Working for Xsens means working with colleagues that are inquisitive and entrepreneurial by heart. The team consists of people with multiple international backgrounds, a sportive mindset, and a passion for technology and innovation.
Xsens has offices in Enschede, Los Angeles, Shanghai and Hong Kong.
To expand our activities we are currently seeking a Senior Research Engineer - Algorithm Development to be located in Enschede, The Netherlands.
Are you the self-driven, ambitious team player we are looking for? You will design and develop new sensor fusion algorithms addressing current and future Xsens products and motion tracking applications.
- Design and develop new multi-sensor fusion algorithms to power our current and future motion tracking applications
- Capability to understand application requirements and to translate them into complex, state-of-art algorithms
- Active role in identifying new trends in research related to sensor fusion, motion tracking, optimization theory, machine learning
- Lead research projects, delivering best-in-class sensor fusion solutions
- Master Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or equivalent required. Ph.D. degree preferred
- Excellent academic records
- 3+ years of relevant research experience preferred
- Strong expertise in one or more of the following areas: non-linear optimization, statistical state estimation, Kalman filtering, sensor fusion, tracking algorithms
- Experience with inertial sensors, GPS technology, machine learning and computer vision algorithms preferred
- Excellent knowledge of Matlab/Python required. Knowledge of C/C++ preferred
- Ability to understand, design, and implement complex algorithms efficiently and correctly
- Strong mathematical/analytical background, problem-solving skills, flexibility in acquiring new knowledge.
- Expertise in writing scientific publications and reports
- Good oral and written communication skills in English
Xsens offers a position in an innovative, ambitious and international company. Our team can be characterized as spontaneous and driven, with a passion for technology and a multicultural and multi-disciplinary environment. The informal culture allows for personal input, growth and development. Xsens in Enschede is close to the University of Twente, part of a high-tech hub in Europe.