Technical Product Manager - Motion Trackers
In order to sustain our exceptional growth and realize our ambitious growth plans in the Biometric & Motion Tracker market we are looking for a Technical Product Manager. You will be based in Shanghai, China, be part of the Xsens Product Management team (which is mainly based in Enschede) and report to the Business Director Motion Trackers. You will also closely work with the business facing Product Manager based in Enschede to bridge the gap between market and the technology.
The main objective of the role is to develop and execute the product roadmap for the branded and ODM Tracker market and take them to the next level. You will be responsible for the technical aspects of the product and co-work with the business facing Product Manager in creating a product vision and building the product roadmap. If you will be doing this right, you will have a lots of fun and will get smarter every day.
- Understand voice of customer and translate them into requirements/technical specification with the support of the R&D team
- Responsible for bringing the product to life within specifications, assess and address technical risks and provide feedback to the stakeholders
- Closely work with internal teams of developers, engineers, system architects, lead engineers, quality assurance and operations, ensuring requirements are fully understood and implementation is to the specification
- Support the business facing product manager and product launch manager in launch and marketing activities
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of proper product documentation
- Support testing and product acceptance activities with the internal teams for releases (beta/stable)
- Lead technical aspects of product discussions with key customers
- Provide internal training to sales and support team on how to use the product
- Review technical content of website/customer cases/tutorials generated by the Support team
- Help the support team in responding to technical queries about the product and its capabilities
- Co-work with the business facing product manager on creating a product vision and creating a roadmap
- Co-work with the business facing product manager on competitor analyses and capability analyses of the current product
Xsens is looking for an independent and action-oriented technical product manager who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment. Someone who can develop and maintain productive relationships both externally and internally to achieve the best product/market fit. The candidate has a deep customer empathy and a passion for delivering amazing customer experiences.
We are looking for the following:
- MSc degree in Biomechanics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a closely related field.
- 1-3 years Technical Product management or product development experience in relevant markets.
- Attention to detail while being decisive.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Mandarin
- Ability to speak fluently with developers, engineers and business people.
- Result oriented, highly motivated, enthusiastic attitude and the ability to work independently.
- The ability to travel (up to 20% of your time)
- Experience with Agile methodologies is a plus
- Willing to work on-site in Jiading, Shanghai