Senior Research Engineer - 3D Body Motion
Working for Xsens means working with colleagues that are inquisitive and entrepreneurial by heart. The team consists of people with multiple international backgrounds, a sportive mindset, and a passion for technology and innovation.
Xsens has offices in Enschede, Los Angeles, Shanghai and Hong Kong.
To expand our activities we are currently seeking a Senior Research Engineer - 3D Body Motion to be located in Enschede, The Netherlands.
Are you the self-driven, ambitious team player we are looking for? You will be responsible for applied and basic research aimed at delivering performance insights that will lead to new sensor fusion algorithms addressing current and future Xsens products and motion tracking applications.
- Design and develop multi-sensor fusion algorithms to power our current and future motion tracking applications
- Capability to understand application requirements and to translate them into complex, state-of-art algorithms
- Active role in identifying new trends in research related to sensor fusion, motion tracking, optimization theory, machine learning
- Lead research projects, delivering best-in-class sensor fusion solutions
- Ph.D. in human movement science (biomechanics, kinesiology), engineering, biomedical or related field
- Command an advanced understanding of anatomy, physiology, biomechanics, biomechanical principles, statistical methods and predictive analytics to produce experimental designs with an understanding of sport- performance and injury mechanisms.
- Analytical skills and experience in gathering, interpreting and analyzing data in clinical research and product development with experience applying machine learning to design and develop products
- Strong expertise in one or more of the following areas: non-linear optimization, statistical state estimation, Kalman filtering, sensor fusion, tracking algorithms
- Excellent knowledge of Matlab/Python required. Knowledge of C/C++ preferred
- Strong mathematical/analytical background, problem-solving skills, flexibility in acquiring new knowledge.
- Good oral and written communication skills in English
- Expertise in writing scientific publications and reports
- Self-driven, good organizational, communication and interpersonal skills, decision making and problem solving thinking
Xsens offers a position in an innovative, ambitious and international company. Our team can be characterized as spontaneous and driven, with a passion for technology and a multicultural and multi-disciplinary environment. The informal culture allows for personal input, growth and development. Xsens in Enschede is close to the University of Twente, part of a high-tech hub in Europe.